2020 Land Rover Discovery
2020 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2020 Ford Explorer
Are you looking for a luxury SUV that can handle any challenge? The 2020 Land Rover Discovery and the 2020 Ford Explorer both have what it takes to improve your Scottsdale and Phoenix drives, but only the Land Rover Discovery is going to satisfy the region’s most discerning drivers. Whether you’re looking for grade-A performance or luxurious interior features, the Land Rover is an easy choice.
2020 Land Rover Discovery
Cargo Space (Rear Seats Up)
Discovery or Explorer: Performance and Utility
- Base Engines – The Ford Explorer only starts with a 2.3L EcoBoost® I-4. Although it puts out 300 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, it falls far short of the standard set by Land Rover. Choose the Discovery for a 3.0L supercharged V6, delivering 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque.
- Utility and Towing Capability: Did you know that the Land Rover Discovery can tow up to 8,201 pounds? That’s an impressive rating, even in this competitive segment. With the Ford Explorer, your max towing capacity will top out at just 5,600 pounds.
- Drivetrain and Off-Road Performance: The Land Rover Discovery comes standard with four-wheel drive, and offers 8.5 inches of ground clearance. Since the Explorer offers 4WD as an upgrade, and only offers 7.9 inches of ground clearance, the Discovery is preferred by adventurous drivers. Did we mention that you can also lift your Land Rover Discovery with our parts department?
- Drive Modes: Only the 2020 Land Rover Discovery offers Terrain Response® 2, an advanced performance feature that automatically adapts to the type of terrain you’re facing. There’s no comparable feature in the Ford Explorer.
Discovery or Explorer: Amenities and Standard Features
If you’re just looking for basic features like a rearview camera, Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay®, or Android Auto®, then you’re in luck. Comparing the Land Rover Discovery vs. Ford Explorer interiors, you’ll notice that both models offer these amenities as standard.
However, those who look a little deeper will start to notice more than a few major differences. Each of the following features is standard in the Discovery, but costs extra in the Explorer:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather seats
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Auto-leveling headlights
- Dual moonroof
- Running boards
- Performance tires
- Keyless start
- And more!
The Land Rover Discovery can be had with either five-passenger or seven-passenger seating. If you opt for the Ford Explorer, a seven-passenger interior is your only option.
Don’t Wait to Get Behind the Wheel!
Are you all ready to take the next steps? Check out our new Land Rover Discovery inventory and browse our new Land Rover Discovery lease deals today! We know that you’ll love how you feel in the driver’s seat, so contact us to schedule your test drive today.